You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to create Wine & Food magic.
As a Sommelier, with almost 20 years experience, food and wine pairings aren’t something I ‘try’ to do. It’s simply, what I’m good at.
Our family is as busy as anyone these days, but simple and easy to follow recipes are our jam and we are thrilled to share them with you.
May we present Grilled Halloumi & Strawberry Salad with a Rosé Wine Pairing.
Few things say summer like strawberries and rosé. This salad has a vinaigrette that is so easy to whip up.
To prepare place the following ingredients in a blender.
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries, washed, hulled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 T of the best quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 T of balsamic glaze
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Blend until smooth and then slowly, add 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil (to taste) until smooth.
Notes: This makes enough to keep the extra in the fridge for a couple of weeks. It can be thinned out with more vinegar and/or a little water.
To prepare the salad, combine the following on a platter or in a salad bowl:
- provide 1 1/2 cups of mixed greens per person, washed + dried
- 1- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, washed, hulled + cut into quarters
- add a generous amount of strawberry vinaigrette and toss
Halloumi is a mild tasing Mediterranean, semi-soft unripened cheese. It can maintain its shape and resist melting. It is ideal for cooking and grilling. It is simple to grill, here’s how:
- Place sliced cheese in a COLD, ungreased non-stick frying pan.
- Brown on MEDIUM heat for 2 – 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces approx. 1/2 thick
- Top the salad with the grilled halloumi.
- Add crispy onion for a crunchy topping.
- Serve and enjoy immediately with a glass of well-chilled dry rosé.
EAT, DRINK, REPEAT.